- READER REVIEWS
Sun-Thu, 11am-1am; Fri-Sat, 11am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Third Ave.; 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
Cash Only, American Express, Discover, MasterCard
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
This venue is closed.
The Manhattan branch is still going through a mere one case of Cheez Whiz a day—much catching up to do to the original Brooklyn branch’s seven daily cases. That is, if the plodding line at the counter ever picks up. What’s taking so long? Tasty cooked-to-order grilled-chicken sandwiches and decent burgers on excellent kaiser rolls made by an old-school Brooklyn bakery (seven to ten minutes, please). The signature roast-beef sandwiches dunked in gravy are even better, not to mention quicker. We like the unironic seventies prefab fast-food look, the fresh-squeezed orangeade, the baked sweet potatoes, and the apple pie, too.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu