Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 28th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
Free from 17th St. to 37th St., Second Ave. to Fifth Ave.; Additional fee for 3 mile radius
- Order Delivery with roomalitogo.com
Another great example of New York’s growing number of not-so-fast fast-food joints, this tiny shop specializes in roti rolls—essentially Indian wraps like the ones served at downtown’s Kati Roll Company, but even better. Chicken tikka, chickpea fritters, and lamb kebab versions are among the offerings, but the yellow cubes of paneer cheese cooked on skewers, then folded into superb made-to-order griddle-fried flatbread along with peppers, cilantro, a dash of chat masala, and an optional layer of egg cooked into the dough, are our favorites. Have one in the spare 25-seat room.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GĂĽnter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama