- READER REVIEWS
Roti Mediterranean Grill
Mon-Thu, 11am-9pm; Fri, 11am-8pm; Sat, 11am-5pm; Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3, 4, 5, A, C, J, Z at Fulton St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
If you’re tired of the same mediocre sandwiches and pizza for lunch, Roti is a decent alternative. The growing, nationwide chain relies on the appeal of fast, healthy food—think Subway, but instead of ham and Swiss, you’re eating hummus, falafel, and cucumbers. The wait usually isn’t too long at the spacious location in the heart of FiDi, but the assembly line can get backed up, as such systems inevitably do. The menu is simple: Choose a sandwich, rice plate, or salad and pick your toppings. The rice plates and salads are nice, but the laffa wrap is the way to go; it’s like a Mediterranean burrito. The steak with red pepper aioli and Spanish eggplant tastes great over rice. Hummus sides make for a smooth snack to bring back to the office, too. And while no Mediterranean restaurant is complete without baklava, the chewy chocolate chip cookies might be the better choice for dessert.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu