Royale Cafe + Pastry
This venue is closed.
Semi-camouflaged beneath a sign for the defunct Sammy’s Noodle Shop, Royale is a product of its proximity to P.S. 41, around the corner. That’s where the daughters of both of Royale’s partners attend kindergarten, and where much of the café’s afternoon business comes from. “We’re getting a great response from the parents, not as much from the kids,” says Rafi Avramovitz, who stocks the display case with confections from Baked in Red Hook, where he’s also a partner. They’re among several local products the shop sells: Saratoga water, GuS soda, and Gimme! coffee, from the Ithaca-based outfit that also trains Royale’s baristas. Avramovitz says his architect wife, Ravit, did wonders with the spot’s tiny size and odd triangular configuration. “There’s even room for moms with strollers.”
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu