Mon-Fri, 9:30am-9pm; Sat, 11am-7pm; Sun, 11am-5pm
Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3, 4, 5, A, C, J, Z at Fulton St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
Battery Pl. to Chambers St., South St. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with grubhub.com
Since 1975, Ruben’s has been the go-to takeout counter for empanadas. Each one is hand-wrapped and baked in a small Brooklyn factory, then delivered in warm, daily batches to all the Manhattan display cases. While 22 varieties pack the menu, some with health-friendly touches like broccoli and ricotta wrapped in whole wheat dough, the three most popular players tend to favor carnivores: beef (seasoned with raisins, onions, cumin, and cinnamon), spicy chicken (with touches of tomato sauce and cilantro), and Argentinean sausage (a beef-pork blend with a nice sour kick of red wine sauce). You can sit in these little cafes if you want, but Rubenesque fans prefer their empanadas heated in-house and taken to-go.Recommended Dishes
Argentine sausage, $4.13; beef, $4.13; spicy chicken, $4.13
- Scientists ‚ÄčPretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu