Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 79th St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Teen Appeal
- Full Bar
67th St. to 87th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
This venue is closed.
Theatrical décor (in what might be Auntie Mame's duplex during her high mah-jongg period) and imaginative (and very good) cuisine make these cavernous spaces pre-theater favorites both in Times Square and near the Beacon Theater. Culinary emperor Steve Hanson woos kids with his dim sum assortment of noodles, sushi, spare ribs, and other Pan-Asian favorites—plus a PB&J roll. The black-bean sauce is vibrant and the wok steamed lobster is worth its weight in jade. Request a table with a lazy Susan and eat family-style. And regardless of where you sit, you have to walk down the Mamescent staircase at least once. Screaming "Live! Live! Live!" is optional.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu