Nearby Subway Stops
N, Q, R at 49th St.; 1 at 50th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Theater District
- Teen Appeal
- Online Ordering
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
42nd St. to 59th St., Fifth Ave. to Ninth Ave.
- Order Delivery with orderrubyfoos.com
This venue is closed.
Theatrical décor (in what might be Auntie Mame's duplex during her high mah-jongg period) and imaginative (and very good) cuisine make these cavernous spaces pre-theater favorites both in Times Square and near the Beacon Theater. Culinary emperor Steve Hanson woos kids with his dim sum assortment of noodles, sushi, spare ribs, and other Pan-Asian favorites—plus a PB&J roll. The black-bean sauce is vibrant and the wok steamed lobster is worth its weight in jade. Request a table with a lazy Susan and eat family-style. And regardless of where you sit, you have to walk down the Mamescent staircase at least once. Screaming "Live! Live! Live!" is optional.
Best of New York Awards
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More