- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm and 5:30-midnight; Sat-Sun, 10am-4pm and 5:30-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Bergen St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
Before venturing into the restaurant business, Henry Moynahan Rich co-founded Oral Fixation mints, a brand known as much for its sleek retro packaging as for its breath-freshening properties. There is a similar emphasis on style at Rucola, the Boerum Hill brownstone-cum-Piedmontese farmhouse. The wine list is primarily Northern Italian, the cocktails laced with amari and bitters, and the room itself clad with reclaimed Pennsylvania barn wood and rustic farm implements. To stand out from the meat-centric competition, chef Joe Pasqualetto (late of Gilt) has devised a vegetable-focused menu of salads and housemade pastas, many incorporating locally grown produce. Daytime café service offers morning espresso and pastries, as well as sandwiches like slow-roasted pork on house-baked bread. Dinner features seasonal selections such as whole roasted brook trout, acorn squash and raddichio, and rigatoni bolognese. Mint, anyone?
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations