- READER REVIEWS
Runner & Stone
Mon-Thu, 7:30am-10pm; Fri, 7:30am-11pm; Sat, 8am-11pm; Sun, 9am-4pm
Nearby Subway Stops
R at Union St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Full Bar
A Gowanus collaboration between Per Se’s onetime head baker and a Bensonhurst-born chef late of Blue Ribbon Brooklyn, Runner & Stone aspires to be all things to all carb-cravers: a boulangerie with a local-and-seasonal slant, an all-day café, and a skylit restaurant with a sleek modern design. Although the pastries mostly adhere to classic French tradition, an Italian influence can be detected in lunch salads like turkey confit and dinner options like spaghetti alla chitarra with with mackerel, tomato and raisins.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More