- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3, 4, 5 at Franklin Ave.; S at Park Pl.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Great Desserts
- Live Music
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
This venue is closed.
Rubbing shoulders with barber shops, ancient laundromats, and discount bodegas, Saje’s inviting, low-key menu and frequent music and arts events draws a varied crowd. A natty dining room set with cozy, ornate couches, coffee tables and dark wood benches invites patrons to tuck into Asian-Carib fusion-inspired salads and pressed sandwiches; the walls offer for-sale works by African and Caribbean artists. A copper coffee bar and round wooden tables in an adjacent room make space for laptop-toting students, who enjoy both the free WiFi and off-menu drink specials, like a tart-sweet basil lemonade steeped with fresh herbs. Sunday brunch features live jazz and reggae, along with rich, eggy quiches and sweet-smelling pancakes.Note
The chef’s hours are occasionally erratic, so call ahead to make sure the full menu is available.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu