Nearby Subway Stops
F, G, R at Fourth Ave.-9th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Outdoor Dining
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
15th St. to Degraw St., Prospect Park West to Third Ave.
This venue is closed.
You’re in capable hands at Sakura Café, where the appealingly varied menu runs from grilled fish to teriyaki bentos without bypassing standard sushi/sashimi rolls. Smart combinations include a dark-pink tuna paired with papaya and a California roll topped with eel and caviar. Eel makes a second appearance as an entrée—lightly basted with kabayaki sauce—while the spicy tuna cocktail served in a martini glass comes with the tart curl of citrus. Sakura also carries a good selection of sakes. In good weather, you can have it all outside under the tree in the garden; otherwise, snag a seat at one of twelve blond-wood tables and chill out under the painted namesake flower petals complemented by light-blue tapestries.Recommended Dishes
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu