Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Bleecker St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Singles Scene
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Big, dark, and warm, Sala is the East Village tapas joint smart downtowners cherish—for both its hip, low-key atmosphere (you won’t see any drunken Wall Streeters reliving their JYAs in San Sebastian) and its well-executed little Spanish dishes. A sampler platter of tostas includes almond-stuffed, bacon-wrapped dates and pan tumaca (tomato, garlic, and Serrano ham on bread), and the slightly larger raciones gets more inventive, with dishes like fried goat cheese dabbed with honey. If you’ve still got room, lamb chops, and a paella await, not to mention Sala’s Spanish wines and sherries, most available by the glass.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu