Samantha's Southern Cuisine
Nearby Subway Stops
C at Clinton-Washington Aves.; C, S at Franklin Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
Bergen St. to Greene Ave., Franklin Ave. to Carlton Ave.
- Order Delivery with grubhub.com
Former soul-food hookup White Lily has changed its name, but the same owners still dole out generous portions of southern-style comfort food like fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. You'd best arrive hungry: Two fillets of crispy, cornmeal-encrusted catfish come pinned between mounds of collard greens and candied yams, and a stack of baby-back ribs arrives with a mountain of potato salad. Except for some classic salads and decadent sides, entrées cater to carnivores. Big portions shouldn’t discourage you from capping things off with moist, buttery three-layer lemon cake. While the food is ample, the décor is spare, with black-and-white prints of legends like Tina Turner and Ella Fitzgerald dotting the walls.Recommended Dishes
Catfish entree, $12; Daddy's Home free range chicken entree, $12
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu