- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Thu, noon-4:30pm and 6pm-11pm; Fri, noon-4:30pm and 6pm-11:30pm; Sat, noon-4pm and 6pm-11:30pm; Sun, noon-4pm and 6pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Special Occasion
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
Chef-owner Makoto Suzuki goes urban rustic at his second Japanese restaurant in the ‘burg, with a massive communal table that greets you upon entering and sawed-off-trash-can lampshades above. Bucket shades hang over the neighboring semi-private booths, with all-wood furniture surrounded by exposed-brick walls. The focus here has shifted from the sushi on offer at his other spot, Bozu, to udon, with thick homemade noodles in spicy fish or vegetable broth and a selection of toppings including shrimp tempura, sweet potato, poached egg, or pork Betty (cooked pork belly, fatty and delicious). Sushi is available in both roll and “taco” form, the latter made with a seaweed shell of sorts. Fried selections make great starters: Try the expertly battered vegetable tempura; tasty dark-meat fried chicken; or the dumplings, the order of six intriguingly shrouded in flaky crust.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu