Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
- Kids' Menu
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Delivery after 10pm
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Four locations of this taco takeaway shop serve greater Manhattan until 5 a.m. on weekends—making it an ideal joint for those craving cheap, tasty tex-mex after a night of barhopping. And though the counter service, red-walled shops provide bare-bones ambience, the late-night customers don’t seem to mind. They come for an assortment of satisfying tacos, burritos, and quesadillas stuffed with a variety of meaty fillings, including catfish, breaded on the premises, and subtly spicy pork pipian simmered in a green pumpkin seed sauce. With fiery red and green sauces available to top most items (the hottest being the appropriately named “stupid” sauce), it’s a good thing San Loco also stocks a variety of imported bottled beer, all for under $5 a pop. With the exception of the newest shop in Williamsburg—decorated with an assortment of colorful Lucha Libre masks and offering a full bar, seating for 65, and a pool table—diners should note the serious lack of seating at most locations. There are just several tables and a few seats at the counter, which makes San Loco’s late night delivery a convenient alternative.Recommended Dishes
Chipotle chicken quesadilla, $6.85; pork pipian guaco loco, $4.45
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu