Tue-Sat, 11:30am-11pm; Sun, noon-7pm; Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, S at Times Sq.-42nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Classic NY
- Good for Groups
- Theater District
- Full Bar
A New York institution since it opened in 1921, this Broadway legend is old-school to the extreme, from the walls covered with famous color caricatures of Lucille Ball and Jackie Gleason (and countless other show-biz stalwarts) to the red banquettes, old wooden chairs, and lampshade light fixtures. Still the location for Tony Awards lunches and opening-night parties, Sardi’s is now more of a tourist haunt than a celebrity magnet on ordinary nights. While the food won’t win any awards, you won’t be disappointed with traditional favorites like the famed special house antipasto. The menu now also includes some slightly more daring entries such as chicken breast strips in madras sauce.Prix-Fixe Menus
Three course lunch, $29.95; three course dinner, $50
Sun., noon–3 p.m.
Wednesday nights features a special menu for Actor's Equity or Screen Actors Guild cardholders.
Special house antipasto, $15; shrimp Sardi, $34
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu