Tue-Sat, 11:30am-11pm; Sun, noon-7pm; Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, S at Times Sq.-42nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Classic NY
- Good for Groups
- Theater District
- Full Bar
A New York institution since it opened in 1921, this Broadway legend is old-school to the extreme, from the walls covered with famous color caricatures of Lucille Ball and Jackie Gleason (and countless other show-biz stalwarts) to the red banquettes, old wooden chairs, and lampshade light fixtures. Still the location for Tony Awards lunches and opening-night parties, Sardi’s is now more of a tourist haunt than a celebrity magnet on ordinary nights. While the food won’t win any awards, you won’t be disappointed with traditional favorites like the famed special house antipasto. The menu now also includes some slightly more daring entries such as chicken breast strips in madras sauce.Prix-Fixe Menus
Three course lunch, $29.95; three course dinner, $50
Sun., noon–3 p.m.
Wednesday nights features a special menu for Actor's Equity or Screen Actors Guild cardholders.
Special house antipasto, $15; shrimp Sardi, $34
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations