- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 77th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
69th St. to 90th St., East End Ave. to Lexington Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
In this otherwise reserved neighborhood, Saucy draws in a stylish, youthful crowd with its sexy design and gimmicky menu based on exotic sauces. Black floors and exposed brick line the large, square space. (The wow factor is a mirrored ceiling that reflects the colorful contents of burlap spice sacks hanging in rows.) To customize a meal, diners pair grilled chicken, beef, or pasta with one of more than 45 sauces. Traditionalists can opt for Alfredo or bordelaise while those willing to experiment might try smoked salmon or bacon and eggs. Sometimes the kitchen bungles the concept by using sugar and lemon as crutches, despite the homemade stocks and fresh ingredients. Sweet, in fact, seems to be the favored flavor of the day, even with martinis, which are a far cry from the classic dry cocktail.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu