- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, 5pm-midnight; Sat-Sun, noon-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 59th St.; N, Q, R at Lexington Ave.-59th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
The hautification of Mediterranean cuisines that started at Onera (Greek) and gathered steam at Pera (Turkish) and Ilili (Lebanese) has segued to Sutton Place, where Turkish couple Temel and Hatice Artukmac have transformed the old Bouterin space into Savarona. Their chef, Tevfik Alparslan, has interspersed his Istanbul experience with stints at La Tour d’Argent and Gordon Ramsay at Claridge’s; his food marries tradition and innovation in dishes like Ottoman-style “wedding” soup with beet foam, and lobster-stuffed artichoke with coriander-lime sauce. The wine list is Mediterranean-centric, cocktails incorporate yogurt and figs, and the design utilizes textured bronze and brass. And while there are kebabs aplenty to satisfy the occasional meat-on-stick craving, there’s also a refined chef’s tasting menu showcasing langoustines and duck confit.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?