- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, 5pm-midnight; Sat-Sun, noon-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 59th St.; N, Q, R at Lexington Ave.-59th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
The hautification of Mediterranean cuisines that started at Onera (Greek) and gathered steam at Pera (Turkish) and Ilili (Lebanese) has segued to Sutton Place, where Turkish couple Temel and Hatice Artukmac have transformed the old Bouterin space into Savarona. Their chef, Tevfik Alparslan, has interspersed his Istanbul experience with stints at La Tour d’Argent and Gordon Ramsay at Claridge’s; his food marries tradition and innovation in dishes like Ottoman-style “wedding” soup with beet foam, and lobster-stuffed artichoke with coriander-lime sauce. The wine list is Mediterranean-centric, cocktails incorporate yogurt and figs, and the design utilizes textured bronze and brass. And while there are kebabs aplenty to satisfy the occasional meat-on-stick craving, there’s also a refined chef’s tasting menu showcasing langoustines and duck confit.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu