- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, 5pm-midnight; Sat-Sun, noon-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 59th St.; N, Q, R at Lexington Ave.-59th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
The hautification of Mediterranean cuisines that started at Onera (Greek) and gathered steam at Pera (Turkish) and Ilili (Lebanese) has segued to Sutton Place, where Turkish couple Temel and Hatice Artukmac have transformed the old Bouterin space into Savarona. Their chef, Tevfik Alparslan, has interspersed his Istanbul experience with stints at La Tour d’Argent and Gordon Ramsay at Claridge’s; his food marries tradition and innovation in dishes like Ottoman-style “wedding” soup with beet foam, and lobster-stuffed artichoke with coriander-lime sauce. The wine list is Mediterranean-centric, cocktails incorporate yogurt and figs, and the design utilizes textured bronze and brass. And while there are kebabs aplenty to satisfy the occasional meat-on-stick craving, there’s also a refined chef’s tasting menu showcasing langoustines and duck confit.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations