Mon-Thu, 11:30am-11pm; Fri, 11:30am-midnight; Sat, 5pm-1am; Sun, 4pm-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3 at Chambers St.; A, C at Chambers St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Live Music
- Full Bar
Sazón, sister restaurant to Sofrito on East 57th Street, opens this week in the Tribeca space previously occupied by Fresh. You might know Sofrito as the Mets-frequented, mojito- slinging Puerto Rican restaurant formerly known as Jimmy's Downtown. Sofrito’s consulting chef, the peripatetic Ricardo Cardona, assumes identical duties at Sazón, where his Puerto Ricaninspired menu covers traditional (if elevated) Latin Caribbean territory, from octopus salad and shrimp in a white wine sauce to mofongo and ropa vieja. Fans of Puerto Rican fritters can munch alcapurras and tostones rellenos to their heart’s (dis)content. There are plantain sandwiches and big salads at lunch, plus two so-called VIP lounges, in case Carlos Beltran brings some friends.Note
Friday through Sunday, reservations are only accepted for groups of eight or more.
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’
- Hundreds of Frozen Foods at Costco, Walmart, and Trader Joe’s Recalled Over Listeria Fears