Mon-Sat, noon-3pm and 5pm-11:30pm; Sun, 5pm-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 59th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Full Bar
57th St. to 65th St., Second Ave. to Madison Ave.
Scalinatella makes you feel as if you’ve walked into a different world of cozy Italian hospitality. When the waiter asks if you want to start with prosciutto and cheese, say yes. While sipping wine from the huge list and nibbling some of the tangiest Parmigiano found in New York, listen closely to the specials recitation—this virtuoso performance is part of the experience you’ll be paying dearly for later. It’s really hard to go wrong, whether you order off the menu (try the Dover sole) or pick one of the slightly more daring specials. Pastas like linguine alle vongole remind you why you started liking this dish in the first place.Recommended Dishes
Linguine alle vongole, $28.50; Dover sole, $75.50
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus