- READER REVIEWS
Sep-Apr: Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm; Sat-Sun, 10am-5:30pm; May-Jul: Mon-Fri, 10am-6pm; Sat-Sun, 10am-7pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F, Q at W. 8th St.-New York Aquarium; D at Bay 50th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
The spanking-bright Seaside Café is basically a fast-food restaurant connected to the New York Aquarium. As an air-conditioned space that’s closed off to the corn-dog-cramming crowd on the boardwalk, that’s good enough. The structure itself looks like an interstate rest stop, albeit one that’s decorated with blown-glass fish and red branch coral. The cafeteria-style service area is hygienic, and healthy menu options—wraps and salads—are balanced by familiar, greasy pleasures like Nathan’s hot dogs, chili-cheese fries, giant sirloin burgers, and personal-pan pizzas. Sustainable fish choices like salmon burgers and fish and chips allow you to partake of the ocean’s bounty (or the bounty of humane fisheries) without guilt. Chunk white tuna and chicken Caesar salads are fresh prepped, but pizzas tend to linger awhile in a warming oven, and hot dogs roll in a sheen of fat on the old-school rack under the heat lamp. Still, the
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?