- READER REVIEWS
Second Stop Café
This venue is closed.
Coffee is Stumptown, and former Le Bernardin baker Merrin Frazier makes the pastries, both vegan and traditional. But it's the décor, designed by self-proclaimed "object collectors" and owners Paul Degruccio and Craig Kafton, that elevates Second Stop above your standard coffeehouse. Lamps are from JPMorgan's Wall Street office; table bases are from the Oak Room of the Plaza Hotel, tile work was done with century-old tile from vestibules and foyers in brownstones around NYC, and the fireplace mantel was salvaged from Johnny Depp's townhouse in the West Village. Even the seat cushions were retrieved — when the Alexander McQueen store in the meatpacking district threw them out. Finally, a coffee shop in Williamsburg where there's something to look at besides asymmetrical haircuts and Slayer T-shirts.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu