- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Bleecker St.; B, D, F, M at Broadway-Lafayette St.
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Singles Scene
- Full Bar
Canal St. to 8th St., Bowery to Sixth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Nocturnal college students make this Greenwich Village Mexican a regular late-night pit stop for stiff margaritas and filling grub. Outfitted with sombrero-clad light fixtures and cactus accoutrements, the kitsch level here is about as high as the volume. Between the blare of televisions looming overhead and the boisterous youths, you won’t be able to hear yourself shout your order for a “chicken meltdown” or “love sticks.” In no league with Mexicana Mama or Tortilla Flats, Señor Swanky opts for quantity over quality, resulting in comically overstuffed burritos and goopy guacamole. Still, the baseball-cap crowd appears happily distracted with their frozen margaritas.Recommended Dishes
Mango frozen margaritas, $11, California burrito, $10.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu