Mon-Sat, 12:30pm-11pm; Sun, 12:30pm-3:30pm and 5:30pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.; 6 at Astor Pl.; F at Second Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
Houston St. to 11th St., Ave. C to Broadway
- Order Delivery with grubhub.com
Despite a thriving Sri Lankan community in Staten Island, Manhattan has always been deficient in Sri Lankan cuisine—especially now that the two remaining theater-district spots have served their last black curry. Sigiri has leapt into the breach with a narrow, nicely appointed dining room semi-sequestered in the heart of the East Village's Little India. The few tables tend to fill up with expats hungering for a taste of home—which in their case means hoppers, bowl-shaped rice-flour pancakes layered with egg or served with a variety of sambals, and pittu, a white-on-white molded and steamed rice-flour log flecked with coconut flakes and served with a pitcher of coconut milk.Note
Last seating 30 minutes before closing time.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu