Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at 8th St.-NYU; 6 at Astor Pl.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
Houston St. to 30th St., FDR Dr. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
Their vaguely Wild West name, smattering of Southwest dishes and annoyingly cute menu classifications (Sample: “Appeteasers.” Get it?) don’t do much to disguise the fact that Silver Spurs is basically EveryDiner. Their décor puts a 1980s spin on a 1950s chrome-and-polyester template that recalls nothing so much as Marty McFly and Back to the Future. As to the food, well, there’s not much to report that’s different than all the other diners you’ve ever eaten at this lifetime. You’ve got your 10 oz. burgers made every which way, your greasy breakfast served all day, and your appetizers fried and unfried. Surely the older locals and young families, NYU students and even tourists can’t be that enamored of silver-dollar-sized, crinkle-cut sweet potato fries. Well, who knows?Recommended Dishes
Sweet potato fries, $4.50
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu