- READER REVIEWS
Simple Café: Tue-Fri, 10am-10pm; Sat-Sun, 10am-8pm. Bep hours: Mon, noon-10pm; Tue-Fri, 6pm-10pm.
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.; J, M, Z at Marcy Ave.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Beer and Wine Only
S. 8th St. to N. 12th St., Kent Ave. to Brooklyn-Queens Expy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Padded benches and mismatched chairs add to the hominess of Simple Cafe, which becomes Vietnamese pop-up Bep all day on Monday and Tuesday through Friday nights. The lunch crowd brings laptops and drinks coffee, giving way to an unpretentious café vibe at dinner. Goat cheese salad comes with three golf-ball-size warm breaded chevre “soufflés,” crunchy pecans, and sweet apple cubes. Sandwiches, like the spicy merguez sausage, are made with bread baked in-house. Algerian couscous comes with a tasty broth, sweetened by subtle raisins, with carrots, zucchini and chickpeas. And both the burger and a buttery tilapia are simple and well prepared. Lunch and brunch offer a lighter sandwich menu as well as a handful of egg dishes.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu