Singas Famous Pizza
Nearby Subway Stops
F at 169th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
Jamaica Ave. to Grand Central Pkwy., Clearview Expy to Van Wyck Expy.
This venue is closed.
Instead of the traditional triangle served at most corner joints, Singas Famous Pizza breaks suit with round, 10-inch pies. That unorthodox shape and the owner’s Greek origins might seem surprising for a chain established circa 1967; with several locations in New Jersey, five in Queens, and one in Brooklyn, no one’s complaining. Toppings are more comprehensive than what you’d expect from the no-frills décor. Aside from the ubiquitous sausage and pepperoni there’s also chicken Alfredo and cauliflower. Just don’t weigh your pie down with too many veggies: The buttery crust is one of Singas’ singular accomplishments.Recommended Dishes
Green peppers pizza, $7.62
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu