Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.; E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
39th St. to 59th St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
According to Orhan Yegen, the passionate, pony-tailed chef-owner of this Turtle Bay café, Turkish cuisine gets no respect. It's misunderstood and mangled—by everyone but him. Having tasted his hot yogurt soup, we're inclined to agree. The menu is extensive and varied, but after following the guy around town from kitchen to kitchen, we've come across a foolproof ordering protocol: the appetizer sampler, followed by the invariably lamb-based special of the day.Note
Reservations are only accepted for parties of six or more.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More