Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.; E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
39th St. to 59th St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
According to Orhan Yegen, the passionate, pony-tailed chef-owner of this Turtle Bay café, Turkish cuisine gets no respect. It's misunderstood and mangled—by everyone but him. Having tasted his hot yogurt soup, we're inclined to agree. The menu is extensive and varied, but after following the guy around town from kitchen to kitchen, we've come across a foolproof ordering protocol: the appetizer sampler, followed by the invariably lamb-based special of the day.Note
Reservations are only accepted for parties of six or more.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu