Sun-Wed, 11:30am-midnight; Thu, 11:30am-2am; Fri-Sat, 11:30am-4am
Nearby Subway Stops
F, M at 23rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Singles Scene
- Online Ordering
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
16th St. to 26th St., Park Ave. to Ninth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
The first person to greet you at Plus is a bouncer, not a maitre d', a sure sign that preventing a fracas—rather than preparing the food—is the point here. Housed in the cavernous, bi-level warehouse formerly known as Chelsea Billiards (and now known as Slate), this restaurant-rec hall has been gussied up with a DJ booth, humungous plasma-screen TVs and a 54-foot fiber optic bar. Down the center run obligatory banquettes with sheet metal tabletops; the menu's signature item is a 14-inch burger cut up like a pie. With fare better suited to a cut-rate wedding and music loud enough for a stadium, conversation's not really an option so most opt for billiards: Asian-American pool-hounds and nine-to-fivers stand in Dockers-commercial clusters and try not to get stuck behind the eight ball.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu