Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
Houston St. to 23rd St., Ave. D to Broadway
Erstwhile engineers Sarita Ekya and her husband, Caesar, learned a few revealing things while doing intensive citywide reconnaissance for S'MAC, their macaroni-and-cheese emporium (short for "Sarita's mac"). "I'm a cheese snob," says Sarita, who gravitates to higher-end fromage. "He’s all about the all-American." Also, presentation counts. They serve all twelve varieties in a skillet, from the ground-beef-enhanced Cheeseburger to the Brie with roasted figs and shiitakes. Orders can be customized with various meat and vegetable add-ons, a choice of traditional elbow, whole-wheat, or gluten-free pasta, and optional bread crumbs, to gild the lily. (Vegan and reduced-lactose sauces are also available.) The salad, we imagine, is there for token greenery—and guilt appeasement.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu