Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
Houston St. to 23rd St., Ave. D to Broadway
Erstwhile engineers Sarita Ekya and her husband, Caesar, learned a few revealing things while doing intensive citywide reconnaissance for S'MAC, their macaroni-and-cheese emporium (short for "Sarita's mac"). "I'm a cheese snob," says Sarita, who gravitates to higher-end fromage. "He’s all about the all-American." Also, presentation counts. They serve all twelve varieties in a skillet, from the ground-beef-enhanced Cheeseburger to the Brie with roasted figs and shiitakes. Orders can be customized with various meat and vegetable add-ons, a choice of traditional elbow, whole-wheat, or gluten-free pasta, and optional bread crumbs, to gild the lily. (Vegan and reduced-lactose sauces are also available.) The salad, we imagine, is there for token greenery—and guilt appeasement.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More