Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
Houston St. to 23rd St., Ave. D to Broadway
Erstwhile engineers Sarita Ekya and her husband, Caesar, learned a few revealing things while doing intensive citywide reconnaissance for S'MAC, their macaroni-and-cheese emporium (short for "Sarita's mac"). "I'm a cheese snob," says Sarita, who gravitates to higher-end fromage. "He’s all about the all-American." Also, presentation counts. They serve all twelve varieties in a skillet, from the ground-beef-enhanced Cheeseburger to the Brie with roasted figs and shiitakes. Orders can be customized with various meat and vegetable add-ons, a choice of traditional elbow, whole-wheat, or gluten-free pasta, and optional bread crumbs, to gild the lily. (Vegan and reduced-lactose sauces are also available.) The salad, we imagine, is there for token greenery—and guilt appeasement.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s