- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
B, Q, R at DeKalb Ave.; 2, 3, 4, 5 at Nevins St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Kids' Menu
- Outdoor Dining
- Beer and Wine Only
Is New York doomed to be a burger-chain town? Maybe so. Because as much as we hate to admit it, the burger at this first local branch of the Denver-based upstart is not only good; it’s in the same big-time league as Shake Shack’s. It’s beefy and salty and fairly juicy, with just the right amount of patty busting out of its “artisan” egg bun. As the name suggests, the Smashburger kitchen uses the much-talked-about “smashing” technique—the one that employs brute force and a custom bludgeon of sorts to make for a nice crisp crust, and the mere mention of which causes burger nerds to jump up and down and clap their hands.
Of the six topping varieties, we like the Classic best, but we’d happily gobble any of them except for the “Brooklyn” burger: a pastrami-topped patty with Swiss cheese on a pretzel bun. According to the press materials, it “was developed just for local palates.” But what kind of Brooklynite puts pastrami on a cheeseburger?
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu