- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Carroll St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Reservations Not Required
- No Alcohol
From the versatile team behind the Vietnamese-inspired Nightingale 9 and the southern kitchenette Wilma Jean, this coffee bar and takeout shop has preserved many details of its former incarnation as a turn-of-the-twentieth-century pharmacy. But now the original shelving stores arty culinary journals, and the tile floor is well-trod by fans of the shop’s third-wave-coffee drinks and seasonal sandwiches, salads, and pastries, many incorporating ingredients sourced from the Greenmarket across the street and other local purveyors, like Caputo’s mozzarella and Brooklyn Brine kraut.
Best of New York Awards
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up