- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Carroll St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Reservations Not Required
- No Alcohol
From the versatile team behind the Vietnamese-inspired Nightingale 9 and the southern kitchenette Wilma Jean, this coffee bar and takeout shop has preserved many details of its former incarnation as a turn-of-the-twentieth-century pharmacy. But now the original shelving stores arty culinary journals, and the tile floor is well-trod by fans of the shop’s third-wave-coffee drinks and seasonal sandwiches, salads, and pastries, many incorporating ingredients sourced from the Greenmarket across the street and other local purveyors, like Caputo’s mozzarella and Brooklyn Brine kraut.
Best of New York Awards
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations