- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Carroll St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Reservations Not Required
- No Alcohol
From the versatile team behind the Vietnamese-inspired Nightingale 9 and the southern kitchenette Wilma Jean, this coffee bar and takeout shop has preserved many details of its former incarnation as a turn-of-the-twentieth-century pharmacy. But now the original shelving stores arty culinary journals, and the tile floor is well-trod by fans of the shop’s third-wave-coffee drinks and seasonal sandwiches, salads, and pastries, many incorporating ingredients sourced from the Greenmarket across the street and other local purveyors, like Caputo’s mozzarella and Brooklyn Brine kraut.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu