Snack Dragon Taco Shack
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
- Late-Night Dining
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
Below its gilded sign and draped with twinkle-lights, this teeny takeout tacqueria has been offering pedestrians a short, solid menu of tacos, tortilla soup, and nacharitos since August 2006. (The brash interior lines only four chairs at a counter topped by religious candles and bowls of fresh-cut limes.) Bite-size meals of Mexican street food bring forth carne asada, pollo verde, chorizo, quinoa pilaf, and grilled sole stuffed into blue-corn tortillas then flavored with homemade salsa, cilantro, black beans, Monterey Jack, and sour cream. The shack’s signature drink Dragon Fuel is geared toward a late-night clientele: An iced coffee with sweetened condensed milk, cayenne pepper, sugar, and salt, this dragon’s got kick as well as fire.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu