Mon-Fri, 7:15am-11pm; Sat, 11am-11pm; Sun, 11am-10pm
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Full Bar
Spring St. to 14th St., Fifth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
The owners of Snack, Soho's five-table Greek cafe, have expanded to the West Village with this superb, comparatively spacious restaurant. There's room here for a bar, a greater selection of Greek wines, and 52 customers at once. The menu reads Greek but looks and tastes altogether new: the saffron-scented crushed-almond sauce bolstering stuffed grape leaves; the intense flavors of oven-roasted tomatoes and fresh mint enlivening braised lamb shoulder—all of which are perfectly complemented by the affordable Greek wine list. There’s even a superior souvlaki at brunch, if you’re homesick for Athens—or Astoria.Brunch
Try the puffy bourekis (minced lamb in phyllo pastry), the grilled loukaniko (country sausage), or the fine avga me hirino, which, in case you didn't know, consists of two poached eggs served with braised pork and a mess of cranberry beans.
New York Magazine Reviews
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu