Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.
American Express, MasterCard
- Dine at the Bar
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Former Bungalow 8 doorman Armin Amiri knows a thing or two about keeping people out, so it's no surprise that his first boite is a bi-level throwback to Cuba's heyday. The airy upstairs lounge, where languid spinning fans circulate the breeze from tall wood-shuttered windows, reads 1940s Havana Tuesdays. After 10 p.m., when a doorman serves as commandante, it’s party time, as girls in pearls and satin dance near the antique bar, away from the cluster of leather couches. Unless you're amigos with investors Sting, Harvey Weinstein, and Giuseppe Cipriani, you'll be leveled a minimum tab for table service that may have you shouting "Down with capitalism!" even before you munch on mini-Cuban sandwiches and other high-priced peasant food.Reservations
If you can get into the upstairs lounge, you'll have no problem getting a table at the downstairs restaurant. Otherwise, email your reservation request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu