This venue is closed.
With Solex, his French wine bar with partner Christophe Chartron-Maichaud, Frederick Twomey of the Italian Bar Veloce and the Spanish Bar Carrera has, as he puts it, “completed the triad.” As at all his establishments, the look is sleek and streamlined, with a semi-vaulted ceiling, counter-height tables, and a striking wine-storage system that serves as décor. The small-plate menu features a beef Wellington éclair in addition to a variety of tarts, quiches, cheese, and charcuterie, all priced between $5 and $16. The wines are culled from all over France, including lesser-known districts like Savoie and Jura.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu