Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at Spring St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Business Lunch
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
It took 50 years for Sora Lella, the celebrity haunt founded by actor Aldo Fabrizi’s sister Elena on Rome’s Isola Tiberina, to expand Stateside. In 2009, Elena’s grandsons Mauro and Simone Trabalza, and their partner Fabio Maltese, finally opened a West Soho outpost in the space that briefly housed Lomito. They have been aided in this task by Gian Luca Giovanetti and Pierluigi Palazzo, fellow expats who consider it their life’s work (in addition to running the East Village’s Gnocco and Perbacco) to import and showcase authentic Italian culinary culture. In the case of Sora Lella, that means such Über-Roman fare as paccheri all’amatriciana, puntarelle with anchovy dressing, and artichokes two ways (fried Jewish style, or steamed and stuffed with anchovy, garlic, and mint).
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s