Mon, 11am-7pm; Tue-Fri, 11am-8pm; Sat, 1pm-8pm; Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 28th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
14th St. to 57th St., Fifth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with soulfixinsny.com
The interior of Soul Fixins' has six round tables and little else, save for the richly savory scents of abundant, authentic soul food. A mix of blue and white collar diners come in for cafeteria-style service, ladled from trays of ribs, fish, and shrimp. Chicken fried, baked, barbequed, and smothered is a signature offering. Hearty meatloaf has little filler to distract from the beef, and a topping that marries ketchup and barbeque sauce. There's cooked-to-order items like salmon cakes, plump hushpuppy-like balls with cornmeal breading. Entrées are served with fresh cornbread and two sides; choosing from sharp-cheddar macaroni and cheese, citrusy collard greens, sweet candied yams, and gravy-drenched mashed potatoes can pose a problem. Real Southern sweet tea, served ice-cold, is ideal for washing it all down. For dessert, cakes and pies are joined by banana pudding, which has the consistency of pastry cream topped with fat banana slices floating beneath a meringue square.Recommended Dishes
Candied yams, $3.50; fried chicken, $9.95; banana pudding, $4.50
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu