The Soul Spot
Sun-Thu, 11am-10:30pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, G at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts.; F, G at Bergen St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Outdoor Dining
- Singles Scene
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
Warren St. to Willoughby St., Third Ave. to Hicks St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Bare-bones and fluorescent-lit, this place looks like a hundred other storefront steam-table soul-food joints. But something extraordinary must be going on back in the kitchen. "Supersavory" chicken and dumplings tread a delicious murky brown gravy. Moist meat loaf is slicked with an eerie but tasty candy-apple-red glaze. Nicely seasoned collards actually show signs of life—a refreshing departure from the norm—while sweet, juicy yams pack a cinnamon-sugar punch. And habit-forming coconut cake is worth remaining fully clothed at the beach this summer. No wonder that even late at night, there’s a steady stream of customers filing in to ponder their two generous sides.Note
$10 credit card minimum.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s