Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at Canal St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Delivery after 10pm
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Thomas St. to Waverly Pl.; Lafayette St. to West St.
This venue is closed.
Chef Omar Drammeh, formerly of Le Bernardin, offers Southern-comfort classics spruced up for city slickers at this small corner spot. Chicken and waffles have been segmented for easier noshing; hot brown sandwiches come on brioche buns, and many items boast craft touches like smoked fatback and sirloin house-ground into hot dogs. Despite the effort, plates tend to lack a depth of flavor—even a tasty half-rack of dry-rubbed ribs satisfies but doesn't inspire. But no menu item tops $20 and there are six taps pouring decent brews (available to take home in growlers), plus a gooey Cheddar and Monterey macaroni and cheese. And you have to admire a place where bacon comes sprinkled onto bourbon-flavored popcorn, wrapped around meatloaf, and deep-fried for piling onto sandwiches. It all makes a reasonable case for settling into a bar table (that’s all they’ve got), ordering some bacon pecan brittle to share, and watching Soho shoppers through the big floor-to-ceiling windows.Recommended Dishes
Mac ‘n cheese, $9; chicken and waffles, $14
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu