Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, M at 42nd St.-Bryant Park; 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, S at Times Sq.-42nd St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Theater District
- Full Bar
38th St. to 47th St., Fifth Ave. to Eighth Ave.
This venue is closed.
At first sight, this Heartland Brewery offshoot, with its flashy crimson and gold exterior, feels like a strip club. But a mammoth Southern Pride Smoker by the door quickly reminds you why you’re here: Dependable, slow-cooked barbecue. The pig reigns supreme here, extolled on murals, piñatas, and wallpaper and rivaled only by a back wall lined with jugs of Tabasco sauce. Not surprisingly, the pulled pork sandwich is juicy, soaked in a sweet and sour, grainy and peppery “pig sauce.” St. Louis–style ribs take two days to prepare: They’re marinated in a house-made rub, then smoked over apple and hickory wood. The final product is tender and chewy, with meat parting from bone at the slightest nudge. Blackened catfish, Angus steaks, and fried chicken are also on offer. The smoked jerk chicken wings are especially good, with a delicate outer crunch and just enough heat. Listed first on the menu, they should be a staple in every meal.Recommended Dishes
Jerk chicken wings $7.50; pulled pork sandwich $11.95; full rack pork ribs $16.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu