St. Clair Restaurant
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Bergen St.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
If huge, cheap omelets with perfect hash browns and bottomless cups of coffee appeal to you, St. Clair is your kind of joint. This old-school, affordable diner serves everything from pot roast to triple-decker sandwiches to requisite "weight conscious" dishes (i.e. topped with cottage cheese). Owned by five Cypriot brothers, St. Clair boasts a range of specialties from their homeland, like a phyllo-dough turnover (with an impossible to spell name) stuffed with squash, barley and raisins, and spinach pie punctuated by raisins and shredded carrots. The emphatically '60s decor includes red vinyl booths, raised chrome cake stands, brown wood laminate walls, black wrought iron, and gloriously garish chandeliers. The standards can be hit-or-miss: The Caesar salad's chopped romaine is fresh and evenly tossed with creamy dressing, with two breasts worth of chicken piled on top, but the Disco Fries are disappointingly topped with a couple of melted American slices. So stick to the ethnic specials, even if you can't pronounce them.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu