Sun-Thu, noon-11pm; Fri-Sat, noon-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
F, J, M, Z at Delancey St.-Essex St.
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
Madison St. to Houston St., Pitt St. to Chrystie St.
Diane Wongprasert brings timid Thai to a buzzy block of the Lower East Side. The promising menu of barbecue and family recipes is only nominally spicy while the namesake grain—coming in four varieties (white, brown, green pandanus, and yellow turmeric)—never fully compensates for the shortage in seasonings. When ordering basics like curries and noodles, be sure to ask servers to amp up the heat if you want any outside the type inspired by the leather and leopard-print banquettes you're seated on.Recommended Dishes
Green curry chicken, $10.50; grilled chicken Gai-Yang, $10.95
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s