- READER REVIEWS
Stir It Up
Nearby Subway Stops
D, N, R at Atlantic Ave.-Barclays Center; 2, 3, 4, 5, B, Q at Atlantic Ave.-Barclays Center
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
Warren St. to Fulton St., Smith St. to Fort Greene Pl.
This venue is closed.
Located off the commercial strip of Boerum Hill’s Atlantic Avenue, this West Indian restaurant buzzes with warmth: bright orange walls, a waft of spices, and convivial owner Sonia Gordon welcoming diners from behind a steam counter. That feeling carries through in Gordon’s soulful cooking, on offer in the intimate dining area. Meats, long simmering in their sauces, are tender, juicy, and stronger than fish options, which, though cooked to order in the back kitchen, are not always worth a relatively long wait. Bones in brown stew of whole fried snapper, for example, make it difficult to get substantial pieces. “Vegi chicken” is a surprising treat; the mock meat is delicious in its own right. All the entrées (besides the roti) come with a side of rice and vegetables, which are flavorful and wonderfully sop up the juices that drip off the main dishes.Recommended Dishes
Curry Chicken, $10.84; Vegetarian Jerk Chicken, $11.92
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu