Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Reservations Not Required
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
For every gourmet pie and superstar chef in the pizza business, there will always be a dozen neighborhood joints churning out slice after slice. In the Village, Stromboli Pizzeria might look like all the others—the sparsely decorated storefront has a handful of barstools and little else—but it does have one secret weapon: a crust that’s doughy and crunchy in all the right places. The plain pie, with its slightly acidic tomato sauce, improves with toppings like chicken and onion, tomato and garlic, or a generous helping of mushrooms that stay fresh and flavorful even after reheating. Better yet is the Sicilian with its generous, yeasty crust and the white slice, which reigns supreme with three distinct cheeses (and a satisfying crunch).Recommended Dishes
White pizza large pie, $25; Sicilian large pie, $25
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?