Tue-Thu, 5:30pm-midnight; Fri-Sat, 5:30pm-2am; Sun, 3pm-11pm; Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3 at Bergen St.; B, Q at Seventh Ave.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Full Bar
Tired of shabby roti joints, Trinidadian expat Charmaine Gumbs left her career as a law-firm account supervisor to open Sugarcane, an upscale pan-Caribbean restaurant of her own. She and her partner Gaspa Rodriguez bring delicacies like steamed-codfish salad and rum-and-thyme-marinated stew chicken to Park Slope. And rotis—Trinidad's most renowned culinary contribution and the best example of the island's considerable East Indian influence—finally get the stylish setting Gumbs always thought they deserved.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?