- READER REVIEWS
Super Pollo Latino
There's nothing subtle about this Peruvian restaurant-takeout spot. Look no further than the menu's surreal logo: a scowling, disturbingly buff bird stripping off its superhero costume. Apropos of the mascot, barbecue chicken is the restaurant's unbeatable entrée: The half-order of spice-rubbed is appealingly paired with sweet fried bananas. Yet ceviche also makes a strong showing, with a generous portion of not-too-tart fresh fish complemented by marinated red onions and corn nuts. If this tiny, stock-room-turned-dining-room has a weak spot, it's the visuals. The few wall tapestries can't distract you from the leaky ceiling. A bottle of thirst-busting, berry-red Chica Morada might.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight