- READER REVIEWS
Super Pollo Latino
There's nothing subtle about this Peruvian restaurant-takeout spot. Look no further than the menu's surreal logo: a scowling, disturbingly buff bird stripping off its superhero costume. Apropos of the mascot, barbecue chicken is the restaurant's unbeatable entrée: The half-order of spice-rubbed is appealingly paired with sweet fried bananas. Yet ceviche also makes a strong showing, with a generous portion of not-too-tart fresh fish complemented by marinated red onions and corn nuts. If this tiny, stock-room-turned-dining-room has a weak spot, it's the visuals. The few wall tapestries can't distract you from the leaky ceiling. A bottle of thirst-busting, berry-red Chica Morada might.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu