Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
Broadway to Greenpoint Ave., Manhattan Ave. to Kent Ave.
Formerly known as Hurricane Hopeful/Carmaya, this minimalist space serves decent, if unspectacular seafood and Italian. Chowders, such as a traditional clam and a spicy Bahamian monkfish, anchor the menu while fried clams, mahimahi burgers and a whole fish of the day reveal a certain amount of ambition. The lobster roll is clam-shack simplicity: tender hunks of meat with just enough mayo to hold everything together. Among the old-world selections, a lobster pappardelle is as toothsome and rich as any nonna's, but a more distinctive Italian accent comes from the deconstructed, dunkable tiramisu, proof that owner Maya Pizzati hasn't gone Gidget quite yet. Used boards (some for sale) hang above the wax-cloth-covered tables, and the sand-filled garden is a perfect spot to quaff a mojito.Recommended Dishes
Lobster roll, $16; pappardelle with lobster, $16; New England clam chowder, $6
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s