- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Thurs, 11am-11:30pm; Fri, 11am-midnight; Sat, noon-midnight; Sun, noon-11:30
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 79th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
34th St. to 120th St., Park Ave. to Riverside Dr.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This moderately sized Japanese spot livens up the vibe with a fluorescent-lit bar serving froufrou drinks and sake bottles employed as decorative accents. For starters, lobster miso is a welcome change to the ubiquitous soup, with green and red pepper bits bobbing in a thick broth. The eggplant sandwich is even more inventive, with soft crab between two carpaccio-thin slices of fried eggplant, topped off with salmon, spicy tuna, and creamy Dijon mustard. Tempura—found throughout the menu—is heavily battered but quickly fried. Along with a plethora of mainstay rolls, there’s a selection of house concoctions like the Danny with a pleasing combo of asparagus, roe, and fried shrimp. Entrées include Japanese katsu dishes and more American-skewed plates like filet mignon. Thai options like lemongrass beef and pad Thai make odd cameos, though sweet sliced mango with sticky, coconut-flavored rice is a welcome dessert.Delivery
The owners of the now-defunct New Yoshi have joined Sushi Hana, and continue to deliver to their midtown clientele.
Sushi Hana offers a three-course-plus-one-drink special all day, seven days a week, $25-$28.
Lobster miso soup, $10; eggplant sandwich, $15
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu