- READER REVIEWS
This tiny, wood-paneled eatery with a six-seat sushi bar may lack artsy walls and trendy staff but the sushi’s still fresh and cheap. The epic menu spans the range of Japanese cuisine—katsu curries, Japanese pickles, and chicken yakitori share pages with bento boxes, soba noodles, and more than 50 sushi rolls. Raw options fare better than hot ones, a fact exemplified by the Spicy Yellowtail Crunch, in which bits of crunchy green apple and crispy panko flakes are embedded in the meaty fish. The drinks list is small with a few beers and a handful of sakes, but large bottles of Japanese beer are less than $6 while entrées come with a complimentary carafe of hot sake.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu